I had really hoped to get to quilting on my patchwork chevron, but it's still languishing in my quilt top pile. That's definitely the next one to get tackled - which will feel especially good, since I'm so close to getting it finished! Here's a look at where things stand and the [lack of] progress that's been made on my hopeful finishes for the quarter:
Pansy Irish Chain - Piecing
- Still piecing... and piecing... and piecing.... This was originally to be a queen sized quilt, and I'm thinking maybe I'll downsize it? I'm really just no longer in love with the project... ugh.
Repro HST Project - Designing and Piecing as I go!
- Still trimming all those HST's when I have a few free minutes here and there. I think I've got a design in mind; the next step will be to pick up more fabric for it. Oh, shucks. :)
Prairie Paisley Strip Quilt - Piecing
- Haven't touched this one at all. It's sadly buried on my cutting table.
|Can you spot the strip quilt blocks? Me either, but I promise, they're in there!|
Reunion Patchwork Chevron - Ready to quilt
- REALLY hoping to finish this one up this weekend. Really really really.
Swoon - Piecing
- Three blocks down, six more to go. That sounds much less daunting than it really is. I'm hoping to get at least one more block done this week.
And for those who were interested in the steering wheel cover tutorial, it's taking just a little bit longer to get done - because it's been accepted as a Moda Bake Shop tutorial! Woo hoo!! Can't wait to get it up and show everybody!
I've also been without my new laptop for a couple of weeks now, which is making it tough to turn a bunch of my to-do's into to-done's. Happily, it's winging its way back to me now, and I can't wait to have it back! In the meanwhile, it's been tough to do a lot of pics with my good camera (since I ever so smartly deleted all my photo editing software, etc, on my old laptop when I bought the new one). I'm relegated to just iPhone pics for the time being, and I haven't really gotten any good pics of my WIP's.... since I haven't touched most of them..... *hangs head in shame*
For the time being, here's a sneak peek of a WIP that I'll be able to talk about more down the road:
And our other BIG WIP - the pool! It's getting very close to being done, and we should be swimmin' up a storm in the next week or two.
On a related note, do you know how hard it is to drill a hole through the wall to the exterior of the house, without hitting a wire? Um, yeah. There was some cursing and electrical tape flying about last night. Sigh. There's a reason why this is a blog about quilting and not DIY projects.