|Ahhhhh! Dog shark! Watch out!|
I got to spend some long awaited time in my sewing room this weekend, and can't say how happy I am to be back in there! I finished the quilting on a baby quilt that was a bit of a pain. Piecing the top during LDSI was such a breeze, I should have known I would run into a roadblock at some point!
This is where I left it after LDSI:
It took me a while to get into the right groove on this one, because for some odd reason, my thread kept breaking. I have a feeling it was the combination of too much spray basting and a too-old needle. I started quilting it last week, and found myself getting really frustrated after the thread broke 5 times in half an hour. I was also racing against the bobbin, so to speak. I only had a little bit of the right thread color left, and had to get the whole thing quilted on only ONE bobbin's worth of thread! Eek!
|My usual overall meander|
|Option A. - the flowery pink fabric...|
|And option B - neutral solid strips|
I also have had a project on the backburner for a little while, and was finally able to get it completely done and taken care of. I can't say too much yet, but will have a very big (at least for me!) tutorial to post very soon!
As I type this, it's Sunday evening, and I'm just going to sit down to dinner now. But, I'm very hopeful that I'll actually still get a little bit of sewing time in later tonight!