Before I continue to whine about that, I have to apologize for the radio silence for the last couple of weeks!
|Moss! Leaves! We don't get this kinda stuff in the desert!|
It's the perfect time of year to make that trip. Here in Arizona, we're still slightly uncomfortably warm in the mid-80's, and it's super hard to get in a fall frame of mind. Thankfully, in Indiana, we definitely got our fill of autumn.
Backyard fires and s'more making...
Since we were there for 10 days, we decided to take a couple of those days and do a little road trip. We grabbed the in-law's car, and motored down through Kentucky into Tennessee and stayed in Knoxville, which was a super fun town! We stayed near the World Fair Park, and had some great food down in Market Square. I also saw a handful of cool barn quilts, and managed to get a couple pics:
|Really had to Instagram this up to get it to come out...|
|Snapped this one pretty quick! Sad that I missed the one with hexies, though...|
Then, we drove down to the Great Smoky Mountains, and wow. I mean, just WOW. It was amazingly gorgeous, and the mountains were blazing with fall color. We took a long, winding drive through the mountains, and went to the very top - Clingman's Dome.
It's not that long a drive to the top, but once you hit the top parking lot, it's a very steep little climb to get to the tippy top. As one fellow climber quipped, "It's 2 miles to the top, and half a mile back down." Definitely worth the trouble, though - the view is amazing.
How could it not be, from the highest point in Tennessee?
But, now that I'm back to the real world, my to-do list is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I'm going to try to keep the whining to a bit of a minimum here, but - ACK! So! Much! To! Do! The big craft fair is this Friday, and between now and then I have to:
- Fix our sprinkler system that decided to flood while we were gone,
- Go to a doctor's appointment (no biggie, but all the way across town!),
- Carve a pumpkin for Halloween,
- Make my displays for my booth,
- Finish about a bazillion projects for me to actually, you know, sell at the fair,
- A whole bunch of other little things (like laundry, etc),
- and in the process, not snap at my husband (because he's really being super supportive while I'm being all stressed out).