By around noon, I had the center done! I tried it out on the guest bed to see what kind of border magic I'm going to have to work on this bad boy...
It's tough to get a great picture, but this shows it off pretty well.
Off to the LQS I went, to get me a border! I picked a fabric that has the both the green (that's so prominent in the quilt) and the aqua (that I really wanted to feature).
So, it is true, my quilt is not finished yet, per se.... I'll be working on that more this week, hopefully, and will have a great beauty shot of it soon!
This all fueled me on to get some of the rest of the work done in the room. Project numero uno is crown molding. On Sunday, hubs and I went over to Lowe's and picked up a few lengths of the actual molding. We also had to go visit my brother, who was
The bullnose corner was perfecto! (Just used a scrap piece of molding for that one... the real molding we're using is in my next sample....)
The mitered inside corner, not so much. I was really hoping that I could get away with mitering the inside corners, but alas, we will be doing the more tedious coping process on the pieces. In any case, these little samples are all written on and labeled, so that I can use them as templates to make sure I don't get mixed up when I make my cuts.
That was about as far as I got on Sunday, and so today, I planned to bang out all the molding. I went out for more supplies - caulk, a wood file to help smooth out the coping, and all the fixin's for painting the trim and walls. (Meanwhile, my awesome hubs was mowing the grass, collecting doggie deposits, and cleaning the fridge AND the stove - is he phenomenal, or what??) I came home, started to cut, and then BOOM. Big ol' speedbump.
|Image courtesy of Amazon|
This is my new, awesome nailgun. I planned ahead in October when we got it with this project in mind, and bought the right nails. What I didn't plan for was the necessary fuel cell. Apparently, it requires some little gas canister to propel the nails in place. Oops!
I still managed to get three out of seven pieces cut, coped, and painted, and we'll finish the rest next Saturday. I'm reeeeeeally hoping that we can get the molding done on Saturday, so that I can paint the rest of the room on Sunday. We decided to go with Benjamin Moore Whetstone, and I found this blog post that has a few pictures. I like that it's a nice, calm grey, without looking like the inside of a jail cell. Can't wait to get it all done!!