I try to make it work for me, though. Sometimes I like to plan a gathering at my house just so that I have a real reason to do some supercleaning. That's the mode I'm in right now. I volunteered to hose a party for my work peeps - this coming Friday. Eeeeep!
If you recall, last time I posted, I was knee deep in crown molding. I'm proud to say that's all done!! But that story gets its own blog post. Unfortunately, it also means that it still looks like my guest room threw up all over my living room in some kind of post apocalyptic Bob-Villa-as-the-devil kind of melee. Not exactly a party-down kinda atmosphere.
Today, I fixed that.
As I write this, I am exhausted, and am shortly heading off for a hot shower, and then bed, because this is what I did today:
- Dusted guest room blinds
- Dusted the ceiling fan in there (groooooooooooody!)
- Assembled the bed I bought for the room from Ikea.
- Assembled the coordinating nightstand
- Washed the sheets for the bed
- Made the bed, including a bedskirt (lots of cursing ensued)
- Spread out my Easy Street top onto the bed, to measure for borders (Bonus win - I'm only going to have to put 3 inch borders on! Whew!)
- Set up the new bedside table lamps that I bought from Garden Ridge
- Refluffed and refolded the vintage quilts that I'll be displaying in that room on a quilt rack (this also gets its own post later on...)
- Cleaned out the closet in that room, so that I could hide my husbands miniature-painting cabinet in there
- Broke down about a thousand cardboard boxes for recyling
- Took the broken old CRT tv from that room to the city dump for recycling
- FINALLY got the living room almost entirely cleared out...
- ... Including rewashing a load of laundry that had been on the ottoman after being washed, but that the dog decided this past week was going to be her favoritist sleeping place
- Went through a ginormous stack of magazines that I collected from both rooms (probably 3 feet tall, in total)
- Dusted the end tables in the living room
- Cleaned out the hall closet, which was a long time coming
- Made my husband a little mad with some of the things I wanted to purge... hee hee...
- Got all the Christmas boxes FINALLY put away into said hall closet
- Carried a ton of crap out into the garage, where it friggin' belongs
- AND I even managed to finish the quilt top for the wallhanging that I'm making for my 2013 word - commit!
Oh, sweet mommy. I am POOPED.
.... and I apologize for the grossly negligent lack of pictures in this post - I did post a few pics on my Twitter account throughout the day - check 'em out!